None of those issues are of the form “a hundred bad bytes will
permanently and irrevocably destroy all data on your entire disk”.
Unless I am mistaken, crypto header corruption is.

On Jan 05 22:22:44, n.carr...@alum.utoronto.ca wrote:
> Given that one of the goals of the OpenBSD project is to produce
> reliable documentation, I would have expected that this kind of potential
> corruption would have been at least mentioned
> somewhere. Surely we don’t expect every user to read the code for
> all the software they use to be sure there are no well-known but
> undocumented data holes?

If a ffs's superblocks get corrupted, the fs will be unusable.
If a file's inode gets corrupted, the file will bu unusable.
Should this be mentioned in the respective manpages?

Also, libc.so corruption will break all dynamicaly linked binaries.
And if /bsd gets corrupted, the system will be unbootable.

Are these undocumented data holes? Are you distressed to find
so potentially huge an issue completely undocumented?

        Jan