Hello,

I just come from the following situation on 7.2, patched till
two days ago.

Lost some files I attached my second backup external disk to recover
them. And I couldn't see the disk, no error message, no advice from the
terminal. This disk should appear to me like sd3.

I then decided to enter in X and inserting the disk again from the
console I read this:

sd1(umass0:1:0) Check Condition (error 0x70) on opcode 0x2a
   SENSE KEY: Aborted Command
     ASC/ASCQ: information Unit iuCRC Error Detected

sd1 was the original disk which the second backup disk was copy from.
And obviously the faulty sd3 had the same UID of sd1.

Apart my the physical problem of the identical bit-by-bit copy of my
disk that is already something difficult to explain.. a couple of
observations come in my mind:
1) In terminal I do not receive more any advice that a new external disk
is attached. Maybe for the CRC error, maybe not.
2) The CRC problem of sd3 is passed to sd1 just because the first
disk by the given UID in the system?

I then rebooted on the backup disk and fix the fss prb to solve my
situation but frankly the system could be more helpful and less error
prone in these kind of emergency situations.

-- Daniele Bonini