Stuart Henderson <stu.li...@spacehopper.org>:

> the duid is in the disklabel. if you clone a disk to another, you will clone
> the duid too.
> (it can be edited with disklabel -e).

<out of scope>
Beside the useful clarification more than one is elaborating
why we should live with clonable uids?
</out of scope>

However, clonable uids come really in handy for fstab
in the event of a disk replacement. But we are on business and
we pretend to have everything "in handy", also during a classic
file copy... to restore our work with easy and possibly without
rearranging backup stacks, and take this statement seriously.

<out of scope>
Finally a disk reporting bug become *the bad apple* without realizing
that it is just a matter of the right approach to a dev check?
</out of scope>