Ingo, you have been very kind and thoughtful in all of your replies; for this I
thank you.

I guess I'm used to projects I like actually wanting help from the community.
The OpenBSD model baffles me.

For a long time I have had a great love for the project. I think I started
during 2.6 and bought several CD sets and posters. I switched to Linux at some
point, but I always highly respected the OpenBSD project. I even sent some
books via snail mail to Canada as a donation.

I started using it again exclusively about a month ago, and have enjoyed it
immensely.

I can give a little cash, if that's all they want. I'll stop trying to offer my
unwanted talents and find somewhere else to spend those.