On 2023/11/09 12:38:27 +0100, "soko.tica" <soko.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a task to launch from scratch one site web hosting google cloud
> instance.
>
> I know OpenBSD does have httpd web server, but I couldn't have found
> neither wordpress nor joomla software neither in packages nor in ports (7.4
> -stable).
>
> Is there a possibility to launch wordpress or joomla on such an instance on
> OpenBSD? Which manpages should I read?
> Thanks in advance,

Both wordpress and joomla are written in PHP, so start by installing it
and reading the README file the php package installs in
/usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/php-8.2

There you'll find carefully described the steps you need to to do run
php stuff in the /var/www chroot with OpenBSD' httpd (and also notes for
Apache httpd and nginx).  Pay particular attention to the "Extension
modules" section since wordpress will need a few of them, "Living with
chroot" and "Making network connections".

Similarly, you'll also need mariadb (for wordpress at least.)  Same
thing, the package installs a README file with the relevant information.

Then, installing wordpress is a matter of fetching the latest sources,
unzip them somewhere under /var/www/ and run the installer.  It will
probably complain about a few missing php modules (stuff like php-gd or
maybe php-zip).  Install them, restart php-fpm, rinse and repeat until
it's happy :)