I have a number virtual machines, and I've noticed that they power off
instead of rebooting when using "shutdown -r now" on the guest. This is
the general form for a configuration in the /etc/vm.conf:

vm "batch2" {
        memory 2G
        enable
        cdrom /home/ISO/OpenBSD/7.4/install74.iso
        disk /home/vm/batch2/disk0.qcow2
        boot device disk
        interface { switch "int_switch" }
        interface { switch "ext_switch" }
}

I also tried running vmd from the command line with "-d -vv". Here's the
end of the logging when I tried to reboot the guest:

vm/batch2: vcpu_exit_eptviolation: fault already handled
vm/batch2: vcpu_exit_eptviolation: fault already handled
vm/batch2: vcpu_exit_eptviolation: fault already handled
vm/batch2: vmmci_ack: vm 7 requested shutdown
vm/batch2: virtio_shutdown: waiting on device pid 35337
vm/batch2: virtio_dispatch_dev: pipe dead (EV_READ)
vm/batch2: virtio_shutdown: device for pid 35337 is stopped
vm/batch2: virtio_shutdown: waiting on device pid 64912
vm/batch2: virtio_shutdown: device for pid 64912 is stopped
vm/batch2: virtio_shutdown: waiting on device pid 34607
vm/batch2: virtio_shutdown: device for pid 34607 is stopped
vmm: vmm_sighdlr: handling signal 20
vmm: vmm_sighdlr: terminated vm batch2 (id 1)
vmm: vm_remove: vmm vmm_sighdlr removing vm 1 from running config
vmm: vm_stop: vmm vmm_sighdlr stopping vm 1
vmd: vm_stop: vmd vmd_dispatch_vmm stopping vm 1

The three "vcpu_exit_eptviolation: fault already handled" lines seemed
to happen continuously during run time for the guest.

Is there some kind of configuration that I'm missing? I read the vmctl,
and vm.conf man pages. I also looked at the examples in
/etc/examples. Nothing stood out, so far.

I'm running OpenBSD 7.4 on the hypervisor and guests. Any suggestions?

PS: Overall, using vmm has been a good experience. I'm pretty happy with
it.