On Mon, Jan 01, 2024 at 10:04:07AM +0100, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 01, 2024 at 10:00:34AM +0100, Lorenz (xha) wrote:

> > > cc will assesmbly a .s or .S file.
> > >

> > it looks like cc cannot combine multiple assembly files into one. this
> > is a simplified version of the command line:
> >
> >     $(AS) -o example.o example_a.s example_b.s
> >
> > it works when defining "AS = gas", but not when doing "AS = cc -c":
> >
> >     "cc: error: cannot specify -o when generating multiple output files"
> >
> > is there a way to do this with llvm?
>
> Assemble the files individually and link them? Concat and assemble?

both should work but would require big changes in the way hare is built
and are not really an option, considering that it works on all other
platforms without these changes. i'd like to not have openbsd-specific
workarounds.

just out of couriosity, why is "as" in the base system if it is outdated
and is updating it an option?