On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 7:44 PM Jonas Bechtel <p...@jbechtel.de> wrote:

> After mounting with right ufstype, I saw right data. (Probably this is
> what I remember. Files in root directory looked well there)
>
> In installation I went to manual disklabel edit. One of the steps there
> was to assign the mount point /oldbsd5 there.

I think this is where you went wrong.  During installation, when you are
asked
to edit the disklabel, the installer is going to erase every partition you
define
in preparation for installing OpenBSD onto your new empty partitions.  If
you
want to keep a portion of the disk untouched (e.g. because it had data from
before that you will want to continue to access later) what you need to do
is
leave that space unallocated, then after OS installation is completed you
can edit the disklabel to define the additional partitions.

TL;DR - when you are at the disklabel step in the installer, you are not
being
asked to declare partitions you want to keep, you are being asked to define
partitions that you want wiped clean in preparation for your new OS install.

-ken