> On 13. Jan 2024, at 00:58, Theo de Raadt <dera...@cvs.openbsd.org> wrote:
>
> I suspect this is due to how powerpc64 and octeon boot.  Their bootblocks are
> a special kernel called BOOT which mounts the ffs filesystem diretly.  I
> suspect
> during the transition to loading GENERIC.MP something wrong happens with the
> on-disk time information, which misleads the next kernel.

Any thing I could do my self or provide information to improve that?
I think I have one other of these machines where it seems to behave differently.

That special kernel resides on a fat32 partition, as far as I know. Maybe I
would need to “touch” or update that filesystem on shutdown? I did try to
mount, change and unmount it. But I had no luck.

Kind Regards,

Christian