On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 23:40:52 +0100, Karel Lucas wrote:
> After installing colorls and making some adjustments to the system, I
> still have no colored output from colorls. Below I have indicated the
> settings that have been made or are present by default. I would like
> to know what is wrong and what needs to be improved.
>
> Default environment:
> TERM=vt220

$ pkg_info -q colorls
ls(1) that can use color to display file attributes

This is a simple hack, taken from FreeBSD, to OpenBSD's ls(1) to
use ANSI sequences to display file attributes in color.  There is
a -G flag (somewhat similar to the -F flag).  Take a look at the
man page for details.  The program is called "colorls", so you may
want to use an alias such as ls=/usr/local/bin/colorls.

Note that you need a color-capable terminal to enable colorls.  This
means you should set your TERM to "wsvt25" on the wscons(4) console
and to "sun-color" when using the Sun console, not "vt220" and
"sun", respectively, which are not color-capable in termcap(5).

Maintainer: Christian Weisgerber <na...@openbsd.org>

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
  Light is the left hand of darkness