"Luca Leone" <l...@birbi.biz> writes:

thanks Alexis for pointing me to the right resources!

Actually I did a search in the man pages, but I searched for "httpd" which gave me the page for httpd, and rightly so, page that was not useful for my problem. I *didn't *search for "httpd.conf", which would have been much more useful.

Ah, well, what you can do is use apropos(1):

$ apropos httpd httpd.conf(5) - HTTP daemon configuration file httpd(8) - HTTP daemon And because the man pages of OpenBSD are written in mdoc(7), which uses semantic markup (unlike man(7), used for Linux man pages, which is mostly presentational markup), you can do things like search for man pages which reference the `httpd` man page:

$ apropos -k 'Xr=httpd' acme-client(1) - ACME client httpd.conf(5) - HTTP daemon configuration file hier(7) - layout of filesystems patterns(7) - Lua's pattern matching rules bgplg(8) - looking glass for the OpenBSD Border Gateway Protocol daemon bgplgd(8) - a bgpctl FastCGI server httpd(8) - HTTP daemon intro(8) - introduction to system maintenance and operation commands ocspcheck(8) - check a certificate for validity against its OCSP responder slowcgi(8) - a FastCGI to CGI wrapper server ssl(8) - details for libssl and libcrypto tcpdrop(8) - drop a TCP connection
where `Xr` is the mdoc(7) 'cross-reference' macro.

Alexis.