On Thursday 23 March 2006 09:36, you wrote:
> This is what I see:
>
> Community - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> and as far as I can remember non of devs has ever told me what I'm nobody.

Good for you.

> On Thursday 23 March 2006 15:09, frantisek holop wrote:
> > just before i order my 3.9:
> >
> > this is what i feel sometimes, and i think sometimes more of you do.

It is very unfortunate that this is the case. Sometimes bad attitudes (and who
knows what) get's in the way. We can also pretend nobody get's flamed for
being a newbe or asking a stupid question.

There's an old adage - hat, don't hit. (Or educate, for those not familiar
with the use of hat.)

When you have sufficient misunderstandings, you go blank. True, some people
are too lazy to look things up themselves, and like it served on a silver
platter. But most are simply dumbed down from not knowing enough after
staring at too many incomprehensible things.

As long as people fry those who know less, it will supress community growth
because it will also be noticed by those with enough compassion, who don't
like seing people get fried, regardless of who's fried.

If someone here has the gall, or ignorance, to say that members of the "team"
don't let their misemotions flare up on, or from, this list - we'll, you'll
put a smile on this author's face.

Goodwill must be earned. Which the technical merits of OBSD supplies whenever
noticed. But it goes away and is more hard earned each time anyone in
"official" positions shows a "poor" choice of words and turns a poor sole
into a crisp one.

An old friend of mine once stated that people's emotional baggage is like
walking around with one of those big black garbage bags over your shoulder.
With a hole in it.

Where ever you go you leave some...

One thing having character means is to hold oneself back from striking out,
however justified, and just respond with kind words. It also takes guts. But
in the long run is always paid back with interest.

If someone feels singled out by this, I can assure you that would be a
coincident as this is entirely fictional... at least for some.

Now, try to go in peace.
--

Steve Szmidt

"For evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing.
                                                Edmund Burke