I have a softraid mirror setup with two old spinning disks. I have detached one
of the disks from the mirror and attached a new SSD. I then wanted to rebuild
the mirror, using one old spinning drive and the new SSD, and then afterwards,
remove the old spinning drive and replace with yet another SSD, ending up with
a mirror of two new SSDs.

After I attached the new SSD to the box, I did:

  fdisk -iy sd1 (the new disk)

Then I cloned the layout of the old drive onto the new:

  disklabel sd0 > layout
  disklabel -R sd1 layout

Then I used installboot:

  installboot sd1

And started rebuilding the mirror:

  bioctl -R /dev/sda1 sd2 (sd2 being the RAID device)

This worked fine and the mirror is up.

However, when I now dettach the old drive and boot from only the new SSD, I get
"Boot error".

What am I missing?