On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 09:53:00AM +0000, Rubén Llorente wrote:

> I think it is worth mentioning I know of a number of small operations that
> have announced their complete withdrawal from social media - Twitter,
> Facebook, Instagram, the Fediverse - because the benefit they get from
> social media presence is not worth the labor time required to sustain social
> media presence.
>
> That said, when those operations ceased social media activity, they took
> care of making it widely known among their audience rather than just let
> their social media accounts rot...

I saw a news bit yesterday that in one town, all of the school children
are buying old fashioned typewriters to break their link to computers
and do things the old fashioned way. +1 to them.
I prefer real text on paper myself. I learn things much better that way.
--
Regards,
Chris Bennett

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls
the past."
 George Orwell - 1984