On Sat, May 25, 2024 at 12:06:39PM +0000, Ali Farzanrad wrote:
> Ali Farzanrad <ali_farzan...@riseup.net> wrote:
> > Alexandre Ratchov <a...@caoua.org> wrote:

[...]

> > I have another problem here.  My USB keyboard works great in BOOTX64.EFI
> > but will not work on kernel config.
> >
> > I created /etc/bsd.re-config file and rebooted my system twice to
> > disable azalia and then checked if it is disabled using config(8) and
> > dmesg(8).
> >
> > Even when azalia is disabled my system gets sudden reboots.
> > First sudden reboot was just after playing a music; but next 2 reboots
> > was happened without playing anything.
> >
> > > Then, just do your regular stuff and see if the system reboots.
>
> I tested again with my patch.  When azalia is disabled, it suddenly
> reboots after few minutes, without playing anything.  When azalia is
> enabled, it lives.

This looks to me like you are chasing down a new rabbit hole every time
I open one of your emails. I'd suggest you take a step back from all
the stuff you seem to be trying without having a firm grasp on how to
observe or report reproducibility. Have you tried out sthen@'s advice
to check old kernels + snapshots[1]? I may have missed your response to
this. You wrote that you rarely got the issue prior 17-May-2024? If
that *is correct*, then you should be able to bisect using the snapshot
archive around what date things change.

I am highlighting *is correct* above because your issue seems to be
unpredictable enough that a few minutes of testing don't mean anything.
I suggest you try to find a *clear difference*, meaning between a
snapshot where no reboot happens for ideally a whole day of use, and
the next one where it clearly happens very quickly (and reproducible
at least a second or third time).

Your reports also make me wonder how much customization you are
running. You've mentioned at least compiling custom kernels and
setting bsd.re-config. It's easy to find yourself in virtually
unsolvable scenarios by configuring too much. It might be best to try
a clean install, ideally without activating xenodm/X11.

[1] https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=171646884302309&w=2