On Wed, 05 Jun 2024 06:08:23 +0100,
"Peter J. Philipp" <p...@delphinusdns.org> wrote:

> I have been made aware of hearsay that someone took my open source code
> protected under the same license as OpenBSD and sold it for a lot of money.
> I have no proof of this personally but I ask you to help me find evidence of
> this.  There is not much I can do about this, except if the person or persons
> were stupid enough to change the license to their names.

The only way to be protected is to try to make patent for some algorithms,
but it is expensive in terms of fee to support in different countries (for
example Germany fee is close to €2k/year at the end of the table) and
requires a lot of paperwork by quite expensive lawyers.

So in the end you never know the outcome and predicting the decision of the
court is impossible. Ok, the only known outcome of the court is that your
lawyer makes very good money.

--
wbr, Kirill