On May 4, 2006, at 10:09 AM, Ken Ebling wrote:

Hello,

I'm wondering if any of the changes to CARP in OpenBSD 3.9 allow machines without an IP address to use CARP for fail-over.

Ken,

I'm doing it with 3.8. Well alright the boxes don't exactly have no IP, the physical interfaces are assigned addresses in the 10.x.x.x range (or other private address). The CARP interfaces have the real routable addresses. Public IPs cost $ in this case, so keeping them to a minimum is important.

Works great.

-Chad

Thanks,

Ken Ebling

                                           _\|/_
                                           (o o)
Chad M Stewart, GCIH   Phone: 585 202 6643
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         http://balius.com/   Balius Inc.

Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to
understand the simplicity. (Dennis Ritchie)