On 2006/06/09 09:35, Toni Mueller wrote:
> > If you want 11g hostap on OpenBSD, currently you need a
>
> Yes.
>
> > Ralink device. Afaik if you want a decent antenna, this means
> > PCI/MiniPCI (or possibly some of the USB devices).
>
> What? I'm determined to use an external antenna and already have
> spotted useful devices, but not on the card side.

11g is supported by iwi, wpi, ral/ural drivers (no g for ath yet,
also many ath vendors are now using newer chips not yet supported
by the open-source driver).

hostap is supported by by wi, ral/ural, rtw, ath.

The intersection of the sets is ral/ural, if anyone's seen
a cardbus ral with antenna sockets I'd be interested to know
which one. (MiniPCI and PCI don't have much option but to
use external antennas, of course, since they have to get the
signal outside any RF shield/case).

The newer radio cards most suitable for AP use are usually
MiniPCI.