On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:10:13 -0700
"Hank Cohen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
> There has been some discussion of late on this list about Hifn's
> policy with respect to releasing documentation to the general
> public.  That discussion lead to a great deal of uninformed
> speculation and unflattering statement's about Hifn's unfriendliness
> towards the open source community.  I would like to set the record
> straight.
  etc...

Hank Cohen,

You really ought to consider what _you_ want, which, I guess
is a job at hifn. That's made possible by selling hardware. Despite how
reasonable your process seems to be, de Raadt threatened to remove
hifn from the tree. Though unlikely, Theo may be wrong. But that should
be none of your concern. This is not about who is right. Your concern is
making your customers happy.

Unhappy customers buy elsewhere.
Prospective customers who can't run your hardware buy elsewhere.

I'd personally like to be able to select the best hardware around and
be able to run it too. I like selection. Make the best chips and
see they're supported--then you will be able to fire the
advertising department.

Think of your money, Mr. Cohen. Think of mine.

Travers Buda