Adaptec was removed and we are better off and have more reliable
solutions now. So be it with Hifn crypto accelerators until they do.

Agreed, and because of the whole Adaptec debacle, more people are
aware of LSI Logic.  People who have started using LSI (me) who hadn't
heard of them before AND are amazed that they are so nice, AND work so
well, AND have drivers that are very impressive, AND are glad they can
now say to management "NO that adaptec card won't work, lets go LSI
Logic, they are better anyway".

So perhaps it's time to shift the conversation over for the sake of
those people, to what cards are recomended by the OBSD team that
writes the drivers for such chips and knows co-operative companies,
and good quality when they see it (not me :-).

--Bryan