Works ok for me.  Hasn't crashed or anything like that.  I use mysql 5 on
OpenBSD that some web apps talk too.  I just did an import of a previous
dump, and it took somewhere in the neighboorhood of 7 hours give or take.
(for a few tens of million INSERTS that's not bad).

This is run on a slighlty older sun 220r (450Mhz), and 10K rpm disks.

--Bryan