Hello list!
I'm looking into buying hardware for a RAID5. The system I have spare is
an Athlon XP 2500, 1.5G memory, PCI-architecture, one fxp and one em
network cards.

The system will be used for backing up my personal stuff (since age nine)
and for storing large amounts of data.

I've already read about RAIDframe in OpenBSD and want to use it. So far,
as I understood I now just need some SATA-Card(s) and three plus one spare
harddisks to get going.

My big problem is in selecting which SATA-Card (I've only used Dawicontrol
on OBSD) and if I should buy one with four ports or two with two ports.

What do you use in production?
Which aspects of the system need the most attention?

Greets,
Falk