An OpenBSD C compiler from scratch, AFAIK, is not an idea of the
project. Today, I read about Theo's interest in Plan 9' C compiler.
But, there are license problems, so, that is not possible; at least,
right now.

A source tree in Ada, I think, would be safer. But maybe it is not as
portable/well-known as C.

I'm not a developer nor an Ada programmer.

Greetings