On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, John Costello wrote:

> This is in regards to a 3.9 system that I installed and am patching.
>
> After rebuilding the kernel (patches 007 and 009), is it , unnecessary,
> necessary, advised, or imperative to rebuild userland (FAQ 5.3.5)?
> Thanks,

Imperative.

Your programs might work, but they might not, or they might work
unpredictably. The kernel, userland (and ports for that matter) are all
intended to be kept in sync, not half -stable and half -release, so if you
have a -stable kernel, you should have a -stable userland as well. i.e.
yes, rebuild your userland.

Hope this helps,
Patsy