On 2006/10/22 17:29, Daniel Ouellet wrote:
> It work,s but as soon as the setup for OpenBSD start to boot the bsd.rd,
> the access to both the ethernet management port as well as the serial
> console is lost and the only way is to use local keyboard and monitor.

Usually BIOS serial redirection stops after the bootloader,
so you have to 'set tty com0' (either typed or, if you're booting
from PXE you can place it in $TFTPROOT/etc/boot.conf)

The ethernet management is probably asf/ipmi and I guess it would
be on one of the broadcom nics, bge(4) doesn't support this at present
(was added for a short while but removed again, if_bge.c 1.104-1.106)

4 ethernet, 2 card slots, LOM improvements... sounds like it's a lot
more useful machine.