On 2/13/07, Han Boetes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Darren Spruell wrote:
> Instead we end up with a GPL driver that has to be reverse
> engineered and we end up with the same problems we already have.

Since when is the GPL a close source license?

Who said it was?

If you mean what I said about the same problems we already have, I
mean that we don't have specifications and documentation from which a
reliable driver can be written. Problems with magic numbers and
unclear implementation details have been pointed out in the past.
Reverse engineering can only take you so far, no?

DS