> On last thing that might add to openbsd's startup overhead is the
> aggresive security stance. I don't know if library randomization has
> anything to do with it, but w^x & propolice have been stated to give a
> 5% to 10% performance impact in certain cases. I've noticed this mostly
> in applications that map & unmap a lot of memory.

Oh really, "it has been stated".  By who?  Overall, I doubt that all
of our security technologies add more than about 2% of a performance
hit.  Even a 'make build' on most architectures did not add that.  I
think you need to go back and read my slides again.  Spreading lies
about 5-10% performance hits is just not kind to our efforts.