Hmm, I'm rereading the product description for the Soekris lan1621, which
would
go into my 4801's PCI slot and give me 2 enet ports.  It claims 'High
performance PCI busmaster interface with large buffers and interrupt
holdoff'.
Would you have higher hopes for this than the on-board enet ports?  Do you
know
whether the OpenBSD 4.0 sis driver would support the interrupt holdoff
feature?

Has anyone on this list actually tried a lan1621 on a Soekris 4801 in an
effort
to boost performance, and were you satisfied with the results?

Bill

--
William Bloom| Snr Systems Engineer|M P H A S I S Architecting Value |
MphasiS

Fax: +11-602-604-3115| http://www.eldocomp.com

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

Information transmitted by thisB e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/or its
Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it
is addressed, and may contain information that isB privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this e-mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify
us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and delete this mail from your
records.