When I connect a second drive to a sil3114 controller that drive is assigned wd0 and my real boot drive becomes wd1. How can I force the drive I choose to be wd0? Its a soekris 4801.

I assume its not a BIOs issue because it does start booting, and it should get nowhere if that was wrong.

It gets to:

dkcsum: wd1 matches BIOS drive 0x80
root on wd1a

It sits there then, I imagine because fstab is now wrong.

This is when there's only one drive.
wd0 at pciide1 channel 0 drive 0: <SanDisk SDCFB-1024>

this is when there's two
wd0 at pciide0 channel 3 drive 0: <Maxtor 7L300S0>
wd1 at pciide1 channel 0 drive 0: <SanDisk SDCFB-1024>

Brad.

Interest Rates near 39yr lows! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new payment http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18466&moid=7581