There are two roads, the high and the low road.  I am not sure why an adult
(assuming) needs to be educated on this.  The guy took code and relicensed
it.  That sucks.  We know.  But instead of trying to work with him, and
educated him (since he does do a ton of work on free software), Michael
effectively destroys him.  Thats fair.  Whether code is GPL or BSD, we all
are in the same sea, and our boats are pretty damn close.