On Fri, 6 Apr 2007, darren kirby wrote:
This is not so much a response to you Steven, as to the entire OpenBSD
community.

Ok, as I feel part of it, I will respond to this.

High road? Is that how you would describe Theo's handling of this situation?

Theo reacted _to_ the handling of the situation.

So how were they not trying to work with the OpenBSD folks?

What is the problem with you people... isn't it clear that as soon as the first mail was sent PUBLIC and to a whole bunch of people the rest is just blablabla!

a lot from my six-year old. Nope. Michael asked politely to have a quick
resolution to the issue. It was all Theo with the personal attacks.

All I have to say is that next time you make a mistake, I hope someone will make sure a maximum of people know about it so that they can point fingers at you and write a shitty article on some stupid Internet so-called news site. Of course, someone could just have told you "dude, watch out, you've made a mistake here" and this would have ended right where it began... but no, this is so much fun to flame people.

I especially like that last one. So you would write off an entire community
because of the actions of one guy? A perfectly measured and reasonable
response, taking the high road of course.

Do you also call the first mail sent to many many many people a "perfectly measured and reasonable" post?

Wasn't his biggest beef about Michael's public disclosure and lack of respect?
Causing OpenBSD embarrassment? Well what the hell do you call Theo's public
blowout which included both personal attacks and plenty of creative
misreading that could easily be called propaganda? (Hint: No one said 'thief'
but Theo) Is that what you call the high road?

It is how I call defending against "inhuman reaction".

Don't bother responding, I'm gone. Have fun with your Broadcom chips....

Don't tell me what to do. I answer if I want to... and please, don't come back.

I usually don't answer to those kinds of messages, but seeing how people are stupid, brain damaged and obstinate makes me really pissed!
Don't they understand the situation on purpose???

--
Antoine