On Apr 16, 2007, at 8:24 AM, Ronnie Garcia wrote:

Bryan Vyhmeister a icrit :
This brings up a question I have had for a while. Does pfsync generate enough traffic that running gigabit cards for your $ext_if and $int_if and a 100base-TX card for your pfsync interface cause a major bottleneck?

It depends on the rate of the states changes.
Here, we have ~30mbits on pfsync, for ~40mbits of traffic (!)

Based on this, I would say that it is important to have gigabit cards throughout if you plan on getting much more than 100 Mbps throughput in your firewall. Has anyone ever experimented with using a separate VLAN for pfsync traffic on a gigabit card? Is that even possible?

Bryan