On 6/8/07, Marc Balmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* Rico Secada wrote:

> What do you think of The BSD Certification Group at bsdcertification.org?

It is as useless as MSCE and all the other vendor certificates.  I would
even go so far to claim it's a lot worse than a Microsoft or Cisco
certificate.

This is not backed by any industry, it just reflects what some people in
the BSD community think would be needed to do a day job.

bsdcertification.org is there to boost the ego of it's members only.
There is no real value in it.

I don't take such a cynical view but overall I think certifications
are worthless, even the most well meaning and comprehensive certs.
For some, like me, they serve as motivation to learn as much as
possible about a given subject.  But many others will try to game the
system in one way or another so you can never tell if a person holding
a certification knows the subject matter or not.

Greg

http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html