On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 06:48:22PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> softraid<tm*> is in GENERIC now and it autoconfigures; it may be causing
> a conflict with raidframe since they both use partitions with type raid.
>
> If you want to try disabling it, it's in the MI kernel config,
> /sys/conf/GENERIC.

I have attempted disabling softraid0 via UKC, which doesn't change the
results -- so it looks like the patch in tech@ is my next step.

> (if it's raid1 you want, the other option is to rebuild the box with
> softraid instead, if you do this and move files with dump/restore,
> update to the very recent sbin/dump/traverse.c first to keep ctime/mtime
> intact).

Hmmm.... I was under the impression -- from reading commits -- that softraid
recoverability is not yet developed and committed.

(It might be, as commit logs are often very terse.  I'm not singling out any
developer, just noting a generality.  My favorite commits are the ones that
only say, "Oops.")