On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 14:42:31 +0900, vladas wrote:

>> I am about to buy UPS, but would really appreciate your
>> opinions to make sure I throw money away in the right
>> direction.
>
>Time is not on my side. I have got OMRON BX35F's.
>
>(4.2 GENERIC #338)
>
>/bsd: uhidev1 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
>/bsd:
>/bsd: uhidev1: OMRON BX35F, rev 1.10/0.07, addr 2, iclass 3/0
>/bsd: uhid0 at uhidev1: input=64, output=16, feature=0
>
>Could please somebody enlighten me if usb upses need any
>special treatment from kernel or it is all just about libusb (like
>bluetooth afaik)?
>
>> 1. Can I just assume that device will work reliably if it is
>> listed as supported in nut, upsd or apc-upsd? What should
>> I avoid buying? (All machines involved are running -stable)
>
>I am looking forward to hear from nut-upsdev soon if there is
>interest in the hw from their side.
>
>> 5. Are there ways to monitor the UPS from two (or more) machines?
>>
>> (self-made, three-head serial cable, right ;) ?
>
>What I have meant here is that I do _NOT_ want to run any
>not-in-the-baseXX.tgz TCP services. Whether or not it is practical -
>that is another question :)

You really should do a bit more reading of the readily available
information.
e.g. http://ports.openbsd.nu/sysutils/nut says:
" Nut also has a network communications layer that allows other
machines to
coordinate shutdowns with the machine that is physically attached to
the UPS."

Of course you would also look at the nut website and find:
http://www.networkupstools.org/client-projects/
which you can do your own research on.

Let your fingers do the walking....... on your keyboard.... before you
ask more questions.
This isn't really a misc@ question. ports@ or at the nut mail-list
would be best IMNSHO.

Rod/