hmm, on Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 12:04:29AM -0400, Nick Guenther said that
> The battery life is 7 hours (12 if you pull magic hax of making the
> screen turn off when not in use and compulsively put it in standby
> most of the time) and a lot less with a wifi card in.

7h is not that bad compared to a notebook (e.g. on a plane).

> What's your usage like? It's too slow to run anything graphical
> reasonably, though you can if you absolutely have to. I mostly keep it
> in console with screen running a bunch of different windows with mg
> running, for various note takings.

slow for graphics?  but the default system is all grahic, isn't it?
and some reseller ad said it can do divx's...

> It doesn't work for every day usage. I'm getting used to it but it's
> still too flakey to be trusted. I'm slowly hacking in things that make

too flakey to bu trusted?  what's that mean?

the problem is that 7"-13" (sub 2 kg category) stuff is just starting
to emerge and is either not possible to buy yet, insanely expensive or
both..  i would be perfectly ok with an OLPC kind of notebook but they
just started this ball rolling for the competition.

-f
--
if you live long enough, it will kill you...