Hi Jeremy,

On 9/25/07, Jeremy C. Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Rob wrote:
>
> > We just ran across an odd intermittent problem with email that we
> > traced back to spamd showing up as an open relay. I double-checked the
> > documentation and mailing list archives and didn't find anything
> > relevant.
>
> Please let us know what service (if different thatn No-IP/CheckOR.com)
> that had you listed. Was it a dnsbl service?

We haven't been listed by any DNSBLs. It looks like it's just some --
a few? big? small? -- service providers that are doing some kind of
check against our mail server, finding it behaving like an open relay,
and routing mail from our mail server to their users' junk folders.

I'll reply back shortly with the name of a specific provider.

> > Some sample results from http://www.checkor.com/:
>
> They assume it is an open relay even though nothing was relayed. More
> accurate relay checks attempt to relay to themselves to verify.

Yeah, I agree. It's the wrong way for them to check for an open relay,
but it is still causing a bit of a problem.

- R.