Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 10:51:26PM +0200, Tilo Stritzky wrote:
>
>> I just got a brand new office PC, 64bit CPU. But I'm stuck with some
>> Apps in i386 compatibility. So I installed i386 for work. Next week I'm
>> going to get an USB stick and put an amd64 install on it, for play :)
>>

> In Debian amd64 Etch (stable), there is no way to use flashplayer (a
> 32-bit binary plugin that requires a 32-bit browser.  To use it, you
> have to set up a 32-bit chroot.  It never has to boot, just be a
> complete chroot in which to run the 32-bit browser and its plug-ins.
> The 64-bit kernel can run 32-bit apps if they have 32-bit libraries
> (which they do in the 32-bit chroot).  Is there no way to do this in
> OpenBSD for your i386 apps or will the amd64 kernel not run 32-bit apps?

Not natively, no.

I've been told it is possible to implement, if you wish to write some
code. Not a whole lot of interest among the developers, however.  And
no one else has stepped up to do it.

OpenBSD is an OPEN SOURCE OS.  Seems kinda pointless to run closed source
drivers and apps and and and on an open source system, doesn't it?

OpenBSD is security oriented, achieved through active auditing and
verification.  Strange place to stick a Mystery Binary, don'tcha
think?

Funny, the Linux people are content to use Mystery Binaries, might
explain why they have so many of them they have to use.

Nick.