On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 11:44:58AM +0200, Luca Corti wrote:
| On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 10:35 +0200, Paul de Weerd wrote:
| > Work is being done to add support. How is this 'preliminary' ? Is it
| > only not preliminary when the final commit is made that makes WPA
| > work ?
|
| Well, I think that's correct from a user perspective. The question was
| by a user and about WPA being available as a feature.

I disagree. This is not true from a 'user perspective' at all. Unless
a user is totally ignorant - you don't expect a new building to just
*poof* out of thin air and have it ready for use the same moment ?
Construction takes time. Careful and good construction takes more
time.

> This says pretty nothing about actual implementation work being done
> on WPA support.

Just because you're not actively watching the construction site
(source-changes@), actual implementation work is still being done
(patches committed) to build the building (WPA support, in this case).

It is true that WPA is not available as a feature to end users. That
doesn't mean people aren't working on it. You've been pointed at
several sources that show there is work in progress. It's just that :
work in progress. Not finished yet.

| Maybe my response was a bit too quick, with "noone is working on it" I
| really meant "I think this is not high priority". But this is just my
| perception on WPA status in OpenBSD, maybe I'm plain wrong.

I think quality is high priority. At least, that's the reason why I
use OpenBSD. Features will be done when they're done by people who are
interested in them that have both the skills and the time to make it
work.

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/