Marco S Hyman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Very true.   The only time I consider turning on WEP is when I notice
> a neighbor is connecting to my net more often than not.  Yes, by accident.
> Typically because their AP went down and needed to be reset and they hadn't
> noticed.

Not sure what the actual legal status is (to my knowledge nobody as
actually been sued over here for using somebody else's WiFI or at
least no cases decided yet), but I tend to say WEP is more like a
"KEEP OUT" sign.  It doesn't stop anybody who's willing to use a tiny
bit of energy on getting in, but it signals that you did not intend
for all the world to use your equipment.

http://bsdly.blogspot.com/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/