Marco S Hyman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Very true.   The only time I consider turning on WEP is when I notice
> a neighbor is connecting to my net more often than not.  Yes, by accident.

And downloading his mail with unencrypted POP3 for all to see...

You can use IPsec to discourage that, too.  The pf configuration
on my home WLAN gateway passes *only* ISAKMP negotiation and ESP
packets from/to the gateway.  ESP packets that don't match an IPsec
association are dropped.  To get a valid IPsec association, a host
needs to sucessfully negotiate with isakmpd.  And for that it needs
to authenticate (host key or password).  Of course stations can
still talk on the WLAN itself, but neighbors tend to have little
interest in that niche use.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]