On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 00:50:48 +0700, Jeff Quast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 03:25:27AM +0700, Insan Praja SW wrote:
Hi Misc,
I got an important directory in my 4.1 bsd and it's deleted using rm -rf
:(. Anyone had experience restoring them? I really.. (I mean Really) need
help on this one..

Thanks,
Kind Regards,

Insan

i've recovered rm'd C code using hexedit

open the disk block device, and used the built-in search, select, copy, and paste into new file features to recover it.

You have to know some keywords of what you are looking for, like a function name, etc.

good idea to leave that partition unmounted/read-only until the data is recovered
Well.. I got icat from sleuthkit.. right now I'm lookin' for hdd to back them up..
I will update this soon..
Thanks,

Insan