On Friday 07 December 2007 12:51:52 badeguruji wrote:
> I am getting constant hacking attempt into my computer
> from following IPs. Although, I have configured my ssh
> config and tcp-wrappers to deny such attempts. But I
> wish some expert soul in this community 'fix' this
> rouge hacker for ever, for everyones good.
>
> This hacker could be spoofing the IPs, but i have only
> the IPs in my message logs(and a url)...
>
> 218.6.16.30
> 195.187.33.66
> 202.29.21.6
> 60.28.201.57
> 218.24.162.85
> wpc4643.amenworld.com
> 202.22.251.23
> 219.143.232.131
> 220.227.218.21
> 124.30.42.36
>
> -for community.
>
> -BG

It isn't going to happen.  For one thing, its very likely that
several "people" are invoved, probing your network.  Last
year my web server was getting hit once a second for about
two days, the efforts of at least 20 different creatures probing
around.  What are you going to do about that?  I consider
these people as net lice.

The one time I did send mail to an ISP was when one little
vandal developed an inordinate fondness for the web server,
and hit it 110,000 times in a week.  Fortunately the ISP did
do something about that one.  But the lice, I don't think you
can do anything about, unless you consider it a hobby.

--STeve Andre'