On Dec 7, 2007 12:51 PM, badeguruji <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am getting constant hacking attempt into my computer
> from following IPs. Although, I have configured my ssh
> config and tcp-wrappers to deny such attempts. But I
> wish some expert soul in this community 'fix' this
> rouge hacker for ever, for everyones good.
>
> This hacker could be spoofing the IPs, but i have only
> the IPs in my message logs(and a url)...
>
> 218.6.16.30
> 195.187.33.66
> 202.29.21.6
> 60.28.201.57
> 218.24.162.85
> wpc4643.amenworld.com
> 202.22.251.23
> 219.143.232.131
> 220.227.218.21
> 124.30.42.36
>
> -for community.
>
> -BG

> ~~Kalyan-mastu~~

Afraid it's a fact of life when running things on the open net.  Don't
worry about it.  Make sure the way you authenticate to ssh isn't weak.
 I use key based authentication and don't use passwords.  This gives
me peace of mind.  It's a bit harder to guess and I don't have to
worry about accounts with weak passwords.  I also only allow specific
users to authenticate to ssh.  The DoS hits I get periodically are the
ones that bother me.

Axton Grams