Thanks guys.

Steve, you were able to understand my concern/wish.

Yes, I have posted the same issue earlier, that time i
was looking for a solution for 'myself', this time i
wish: if something can be done 'for everyone', so i
publicized the IPs hacker('net lice') was coming from.

I was adviced for pf, but right now a simple
ssh-config and hosts.allow/deny is serving me fine. I
will learn and use pf in due course.

And seriously, 'anything' in self-defense is not
violence (or e-violence) - I am not going in hackers'
territory to teach him a lesson, i am only trying to
build a wall [by asking the experts] which can save
all those who are NOT-hacking into other people's
computers, and want to operate in a secure environment
(with-in those walls)

Aren't all security experts, just building their own
islands with the problem [of unsecure space] remaining
as it always was? we should try to build a secure
'atmosphere' where 'clouds of all colors/density' can
freely glide with less caution in mind? A frame-work
for internet security like Java, where all different
kind of web-servers(and all other apps for that
matter) can concentrate on their job, rather then
worrying about security - is needed.

thank you.

-BG

--- Nick Guenther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2007 1:03 PM, Daniel Ouellet
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > badeguruji wrote:
> > > I am getting constant hacking attempt into my
> computer
> > > from following IPs. Although, I have configured
> my ssh
> > > config and tcp-wrappers to deny such attempts.
> But I
> > > wish some expert soul in this community 'fix'
> this
> > > rouge hacker for ever, for everyones good.
> >
> > Not sure that I understand what you are asking.
>
> I think he's advocating e-violence of some sort?
> Hahahahahahah.

~~Kalyan-mastu~~