> $ lynx http://hiawatha.leisink.org
>
> Looking up hiawatha.leisink.org
> Unable to locate remote host hiawatha.leisink.org.
> Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.
>
> lynx: Can't access startfile http://hiawatha.leisink.org/

What an extremely reliable webserver!
(Yea, server-reliability != httpd-reliability, but SCNR. ;-)

from http://web.archive.org/web/20070822005058/http://hiawatha.leisink.org/ :
> Apache is a big fat cow and has a damn ugly configurationfile.

"If I insult my brother, will you love me more then?"

Hugo Leisink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, to draw people's attention and to make them at least try
> Hiawatha once, I have to make 'dangerous' statements like 'free of
> security bugs'.

"I had to lie on my application form, or I would never have gotten my
foot in the door."

> Second, the reponses to your message are typical for the OpenBSD
> community. It's like they own the word 'security'. Only OpenBSD is
> secure, the rest is not. But I guess I don't have to remind you about
> http://pwnie-awards.org/winners.html#lamestvendor

"You don't seem to be interested in hiring me. If I insult you, will
you hire me then?"

> And unless someone proves me wrong, my claim that
> "Hiawatha is the most secure webserver" stands.

Do you know what (non-)falsifiability is? Also, people took most
exception to 'free of security bugs', not to "Hiawatha is the most
secure webserver" (which is potentially non-falsifiable).

>> 1. Would you let me forward this to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
> I have no problems with that, but I think there will be enough OpenBSD
> people not able to have a fair discussion about it (especially after my
> second remark).

"I'm afraid the people I've insulted will not be fair and impartial towards me."

> I've had some discussions with OpenBSD people
> before and too many of them weren't very pleasant.

And you should ponder the question of why that is.

> But if someone starts
> saying that "Hiawatha is insecure and sucks because my coding style
> doesn't match his" then the discussion is over for me.

"I like making non-specific accusations, because the accused have a
harder time refuting those."

> And let's be
> honest, critizing a piece of software by only looking at it's project
> website and not having the guts to even look at the source code, THAT is
> 'sheer stupidity'.

"Your company would be *SO* stupid to reject me just because I lied on
my application form. Your company would be *SO* cowardly not to invite
me to an interview."

> So, yes, I'm willing to talk again with the OpenBSD community.

You've demonstrated that above. Or not.

> I will
> try to improve Hiawatha until they do like it. BUT.... not if words like
> 'sucks', 'crap' and 'sheer stupidity' are being used.

"I used words like 'sheer stupidity' on you in my email, but don't you
dare using the same words on me or I will go on strike."

> So, it's up to the OpenBSD community.

"You guys have to take the initiative because I won't."

On 07/12/2007, Jason George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Thought that his words could be useful.
>
> Only useful if you are trolling.

QFT.

Yes? http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU5aWyK9MRk

> Ok, I'll take the bait:  http://wiki.codemongers.com/Main

Nginx? Never heard of it; but makes a good 1st impression:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nginx

Ceterum censeo, these "let's replace abc with xyz" misc discussions are lame.

--ropers