What is wrong with using the ports/packages system?

Why do people keep asking to replace x with y in base?

Whenever something is ready for base it'll happen.  Until then you are
saying: "you idiots don't know what you are doing because you are using
x instead of y".  Nice start to get a discussion going that will go
absolutely nowhere.

If you think x is superior by all means use it.  It's in ports for
crying out loud.  USE IT.