OpenBSD is by far the most free OS in the landscape.  Everything that
    ships with it is free or else it won't be distributed with it.

Yes, that's what I was told.  I was also told that OpenBSD's ports
system includes non-free programs.  Is that accurate too?

      There is
    not a single open source OS out there that is more careful than OpenBSD
    on licensing, copyrights and frivolous patents.

Maybe that is true, but it's not the issue I'm talking about.  I'm not
a supporter of open source anyway; I fight for free software.

Ututo and gNewSense have the policy not to include non-free programs,
not even in a ports system.  Thus, they don't do anything that
contradicts the philosophy of free software.  That's why I can
recommend them.

    Unlinke linux OpenBSD does not contain proprietary firmware blobs in the
    distribution.

Torvalds' version of Linux is not free software, for this reason.
Ututo and gNewSense include a version of Linux which remove the
firmware blobs, in order to make it free software.