On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 11:13:18AM -0600, Marco Peereboom wrote:
> Do you drive a car?  if the answer is yes you have an unconnected
> embedded device.  Need more examples?

Well, actually, my car doesn't include a digital computer.  It has an
ignition module that is analog but no sensors.  Nice complicated
carburrator instead of a nice simple fuel injector(s).

Of course, the car is older than any of the mechanics that work on it.
However, I spend under $200 per year on maintenance for the engine.
I've seen the odometer go around twice since I bought it 5 years ago;
it's probablly at the 500,000.

So be carefull with generalities...

:)

Doug.