On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 03:53:26PM +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:

> [blablabla]
>
> Since I'm (at least) smart enough not to install proprietary software,
> I don't have a strong problem with it, but for someone like RMS who
> want's to be able to recommend strictly Free Software operating systems,
> this can be seen as a severe drawback.

Just a few questions then:

        - Why is it so easy to use gcc and emacs from Windows XP
          without ever having to even know about gNewSense ? I'd
          lie if I said I knew gNewSense before Stallman came to
          troll here, and I've been working with people who make
          a great use of gcc and emacs on Windows. Can't this be
          seen as a severe drawback ?

        - What makes you think you are smarter than anybody just
          because you don't install proprietary software ?
          My parents are using Windows XP and know nothing about
          Linux/Unix, however I think they are smarter than you,
          at least they realize that what is best for them isn't
          best for me and vice versa. I'd be a real idiot to try
          and impose my choices on them. Do you see what I mean?

        Gilles

--
Gilles Chehade